The Marked List page shows all records selected during a single user session of Patrologia Latina. To view your marked list, click Marked List button in the navigation at the top of the page.
Marked List records are listed in the order they were added, with the most recent appearing first on the list.
A "no records saved" page will inform you if you don't have any Marked List records stored. A maximum of 50 records can be stored in the Marked List records. If you select more than 50 records, an alert will appear and ask you to clear some of your records.
Records can be marked from the search results pages: Search Results with Context or Summary of Matches.
To add a record to your Marked List, click the icon. All volume level records can be marked. The citation created for the marked list record will be at volume level, i.e. a citation for the volume containing the item marked. The citation and durable URL e-mailed will therefore be for the volume level Table of Contents, not for the full text of the item marked.
Records in your Marked List will be retained during your current session of Patrologia Latina only. Print out or e-mail your records in the Marked List before exiting if you wish to keep a record of them beyond your current session.
From the Marked List page you can clear individual records
from your list of selected article records by clicking the
icon next to each record, or you can remove the entire list of selected article records
by clicking the clear all records link at the top of the page.
Note that if you cross search in PLD, you will not have the option to select Acta Sanctorum records in your Marked List.
E-mailing your Marked List
To e-mail your selected records click the e-mail selected
records link at the top of the page, which will open an
e-mail form. If you are handling a large number of records we recommend
you select a maximum of 25 records to keep your e-mail to a manageable
The e-mail form has the following fields:
- Your e-mail address: This field is for you to provide us with your own personal
e-mail address and is a required field.
- Other recipients: This is the e-mail address for sending your Marked List to e-mail addresses other than your own. If you have more than one destination, you can enter multiple e-mail addresses by separating them with a semicolon and a space. If you leave this field blank, your e-mail address from the previous field will automatically be submitted to this field when you click Send.
- Subject: Contains the text: "Marked List from Patrologia Latina Database". You may type in an alternative subject line if you wish.
- Format - choose to send the e-mail as html or plain text. You must select html if you want an Durable URL link (expanded to the first level only) to be included in the e-mail.
- Notes: This field is for you to enter any additional notes you may wish to send with the e-mail.
Below the form is the text that will be sent in the e-mail.
Once you have clicked on the Send button, a confirmation page appears letting you know that your Marked List records have been sent. If you want to clear the form and start over, click the Clear button.